Mac & Three Cheese Muffins
Course Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch/Snack, Dinner/Entree
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions until just tender. Drain very well.
- Meanwhile, cut melting cheese into ½ inch cubes.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Add melting cheese cubes and lower heat to medium-low and stir until cheese is melted. Then add mustard (optional) and Shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese and stir until fully melted.
- Pour cheese mixture over macaroni and stir until coated.
- Place paper liners into 12-cup muffin pan and spoon macaroni mixture into liners.
- Sprinkle tops with Grated Parmesan and bake until lightly browned and crispy on top, about 25 minutes.
- “Cool on rack and serve.”
Refrigerate for up to 3 days.